Last updated: May 24th 2018
Our Privacy Notice will help you understand what information we collect at Excel4apps, how Excel4apps uses it, and what choices you have.
- Our Policy
- How we collect information
- How we use your information
- Sharing your information
- Your information and your rights
- Changes to our privacy notice
- Security and storage of information
- Transfers out of the Economic European Area
- Other sites and social media
- Cookies, Web Beacons and other technologies
- How to contact us
1. Our Policy
For the purpose of applicable data protection laws including the EU General Data Protection Regulation, where it applies, any Excel4apps group entity that you contact, or with which you contract, is the “controller” of your personal information. You can address any queries you may have about Excel4apps’ use of personal information to email@example.com.
2. How we collect information
Our Website will allow you to contact us, request documentation, request a free trial or demo, and join our mailing list. When you contact us through our Website, we will collect limited personal information about you, such as your name, company name, address, phone number, email address, country information and how you came to our Website.
We may also collect information relating to your use of our Web sites through the use of various technologies. For example, when you visit our Website, we may log certain information that your browser sends us, such as your IP address, browser type and language, access time, and referring Web site addresses, and we may collect information about the pages you view within our sites and other actions you take while visiting us.
Some of our software products include technologies that allow Excel4apps to collect certain information when requesting support or product usage statistics, including, among other things, username, email address, our licensing information, version information and environment statistics (software version, ERP Version, etc.).
Collecting information in this manner allows us to collect statistics about the usage and effectiveness of our Website and our software products, personalize your experience and tailor our interactions with you. For example: if we find a bug in a certain version of our software, we may use the information collected to contact customers who are running such version with a proposed bug-fix.
For details regarding the technologies we employ, see Cookies, Web Beacon and Other Technologies below.
From time to time, we may also collect information that pertains to you indirectly through other sources, such as list vendors. When we do so, we ask the vendors to confirm that the information was legally acquired by the third party and that we have the right to obtain it from them and use it.
We may collect personal information about you if you attend an event that we arrange or are represented at, or if you contact us otherwise than through our Websites (for example by post, or telephone). We will collect limited personal information about you, such as your name, company name, address, phone number, email address and demographic information.
The information that we collect, either directly or indirectly, may be combined to help us improve its overall accuracy and completeness and to help us better tailor our interactions with you.
You may also share a description of your education and work experience in connection with a job opening at Excel4apps for which you wish to be considered. If you tell us that you do not want us to use your information to make further contact with you beyond fulfilling your request, we will respect your wishes.
3. How we use your information
To the extent permissible under applicable law, we use your information to:
If you request something from Excel4apps, for example, a product or service, a call-back, or specific marketing materials, we will use the information you provide to fulfil your request. In connection with a transaction, we may also contact you as part of our customer satisfaction surveys or for market research purposes.
We may use your personal information to support products or services you have obtained from us, such as notifying you of a product update or fix.
We also provide “Live Chat” sessions on our Web sites to assist you while you’re navigating through our sites; we will use personal information you provide via these sessions in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
The information you provide to Excel4apps, as well as the information we have collected about you indirectly, may be used by Excel4apps for marketing purposes. We will offer you the opportunity to choose whether or not to have your information used in this way. You may at any time choose not to receive marketing materials from us by following the Unsubscribe Link or Preference Center instructions included in each e-mail you may receive. Alternatively, you may indicate your preferences when we call you, or by contacting us directly (please refer to Section 12 below).
Some of our offerings may be co-branded, that is sponsored by both Excel4apps and Partners. If you sign up for these offerings, be aware that your information may also be collected by and shared with those Partners. We encourage you to familiarize yourself with their privacy policies to gain an understanding of the manner in which they will handle information about you.
In connection with a job application or inquiry, whether advertised on an Excel4apps Web site or otherwise, you may provide us with information about yourself, such as a resume. We may use this information throughout Excel4apps in order to address your enquiry or consider you for employment purposes. Unless you tell us not to do so, we may keep the information for future consideration.
We may also use your information to:
- provide, maintain, protect and improve any applications, products, services, online customer community and information that you have requested from us;
- monitor, measure, improve and protect our content, website, applications and services and provide an enhanced, personal, user experience for you;
- deliver targeted advertising, marketing (including in-product messaging) or information to you which may be useful to you, based on your use of our applications and services; and
- provide you with location based services (for example, advertising and other personalised content), where we collect geo-location data.
Our website, applications and services may contain technology that enables us to:
- check specific information from your device or systems directly relevant to your use of the websites, applications or services against our records to make sure the websites, applications or services are being used in accordance with our end-user agreements and to troubleshoot any problems;
- obtain information relating to any technical errors or other issues with our website, applications and services;
- collect information about how you and users use the functions of the features of our website, applications and services; and
- gather statistical information about the operating system and environment from which you access our applications or services.
In addition to the purposes described in this section 3, we may also use information we gather to deliver targeted advertising, marketing (including in-product messaging) or information to you which may be useful, based on your use of the website, applications or services or any other information we have about you (depending on the websites, applications or services, you may able to configure these features to suit your preferences). Section 5 of this Privacy Notice provides further details on how we will do this.
You can manage your privacy settings within your browser or our applications and services (where applicable).
To the extent permitted by applicable law, this information will be held and used for as long as permitted for legal, regulatory, fraud prevention and legitimate business purposes.
4. Sharing your information
We may share your information with:
- partners, including system implementers, resellers, value-added resellers, independent software vendors and developers that may help us to provide you with the applications, products, services and information you have requested or which we believe is of interest to you, we do not sell personal data to third parties;
- law enforcement agencies so that they may detect or prevent crime or prosecute offenders;
- any third party in the context of actual or threatened legal proceedings, provided we can do so lawfully (for example in response to a court order);
- any third party in order to meet our legal and regulatory obligations, including statutory or regulatory reporting or the detection or prevention of unlawful acts;
- another organisation if we sell or buy (or negotiate to sell or buy) any business or assets;
- another organisation to whom we may transfer our agreement with you; and
- Government departments where reporting is mandatory under applicable law.
From time to time, we may use your information to contact you with details about our applications, products and services which we feel may be of interest to you. We may also share your information with our group companies. We or they may wish to contact you for this purpose by telephone, post, SMS or email. You have the right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes. If you wish to exercise these rights you can do so by selecting your contact preferences at the point where you provide us with your information on our websites, applications or services, using any preference center we give you access to or by sending us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also unsubscribe from any email marketing using the links provided in the emails we send to you.
6. Your information and your rights
If you are based within the European Economic Area (“EEA”) or within another jurisdiction having similar data protection laws, in certain circumstances you have the following rights, these rights do not necessarily apply to all users of our products or visitors to our Website:
- the right to know whether we hold any personal data about you;
- the right to know the purpose(s) for how we use your information and obtain access to your information;
- the right to have your information rectified or erased or place restrictions on processing your information;
- the right to object to the processing of your information e.g. for direct marketing purposes;
- the right to have any information you provided to us on an automated basis returned to you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, or sent directly to another company, where technically feasible (“data portability”);
- where the processing of your information is based on your consent, the right to withdraw that consent subject to legal or contractual restrictions;
- the right to object to any decisions based on the automated processing of your personal data, including profiling and request human intervention; and
- the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority responsible for data protection matters (e.g. in the UK, the Information Commissioner’s Office ).
If we hold any information about you which is incorrect or if there are any changes to your details, please let us know by so that we can keep our records accurate and up to date.
We will retain your personal information for the duration of our business relationship and afterwards for as long as is necessary and relevant for our legitimate business purposes, as permitted with applicable laws and regulation. Where we no longer need your personal information, we will dispose of it in a secure manner (without further notice to you).
To exercise any of these rights please see Section 12.
8. Security and storage of information
We will keep your information secure by taking appropriate technical and organisational measures against its unauthorised or unlawful processing and against its accidental loss, destruction or damage. We will do our best to protect your personal information but we cannot guarantee the security of your information which is transmitted to our website, applications or services or to other website, applications and services via an internet or similar connection. If we have given you (or you have chosen) a password to access certain areas of our websites, applications or services please keep this password safe – we will not share this password with anyone.
If you believe your account has been compromised, please contact us at email@example.com.
9. Transfers outside of the European Economic Area
Personal information in the European Union is protected by data protection laws but other countries do not necessarily protect your personal information in the same way.
Our website and some of our applications or services or parts of them may also be hosted in the United States or otherwise outside of the EEA (which means all the EU countries plus Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein) (“EEA”) and this means that we may transfer any information which is submitted by you through the website or the application or service outside the EEA to the United States or to other territories outside of the EEA. When you send an email to us, this will also be stored on our email servers which are hosted in the United States.
We may use service providers based outside of the EEA to help us provide our website, applications and services to you (for example, platform providers who help us deliver our applications and services, or advertising) and this means that we may transfer your information to service providers outside the EEA for the purpose of providing our applications, advertising and services to you.
10. Other sites and social media
If you follow a link from our website, application or service to another site or service, this Policy will no longer apply. We are not responsible for the information handling practices of third party sites or services and we encourage you to read the privacy policies appearing on those sites or services.
11. Cookies, Web Beacons and Other Technologies
We may use “cookies” to make interactions with our Website easier and more meaningful. When you visit our Websites, our servers may send a “cookie” to your computer. Standing alone, “cookies” do not personally identify you; they merely recognize the device you are using to connect with the Websites by means of your web browser. Unless you choose to identify yourself to us, either by responding to a promotional offer, clicking through a link on an email, creating a login, or filling out a web form (such as a “Contact Me” or a “Free Trial” web form), you remain anonymous to us.
You may be able to configure your browser or our website, application or service to restrict cookies or block all cookies if you wish, however if you disable cookies you may find this affects your ability to use certain parts of our website, applications or services. For more information about cookies and instructions on how to adjust your browser settings to accept, delete or reject cookies, see the www.youronlinechoices.eu or www.allaboutcookies.org website.
12. How to Contact Us
If you have any queries about how we treat your information, the contents of this policy, your rights under local law, how to update your records or how to obtain a copy of the information that we hold about you, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post at our mailing address found on our Contact Page.
The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk or telephone at+44 (0) 303 123 1113 or other channels as updated at https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us
For further information on Excel4apps GDPR compliance please visit www.excel4apps.com/gdpr.